At The Brain Charity we know that many people with a neurological condition can find it difficult to find their way through the welfare benefits system, particularly if they have not had experience of it before. We also know that this can be very difficult if someone has difficulty reading, writing or concentrating for long periods.
Our Welfare Benefits service is there to help you with the following:
- Finding out what benefits you are entitled to.
- Supporting you to apply for those benefits.
- Helping you to appeal against a decision to reduce or remove your benefits if they have been wrongly taken away.
If you would like help from our welfare benefits service, please call The Brain Charity on 0800 008 6417. We will take your details and arrange for one of our advisors to speak to you.
The Brain Charity's Employment Support Service is also on hand to offer help and advice on employment issues, retraining, or finding meaningful alternatives to work.
- If you suffer from Cluster Headache and are applying for benefits, you could use some of the information provided in our A-Z of Neurological Conditions. You'll probably find that the DWP know very little about this serious condition. You can provide the DWP with copies of the information from our website or from OUCH, the Cluster Headache charity. We also have information about Cluster Headache in our library and information centre.
- Universal Credit is a new benefit that's on its way
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) (Disability Rights UK)
- Benefits (Citizens Advice)
- Benefits (GOV.UK)