The Brain Charity are seeking a Part-time Fundraising Officer (Corporate & Events)
Salary: £10,920 per annum (£21,840 pro rata) + 10% pension
Hours: 18.75 per week
Contract: 18month Fixed term with the potential for an extension
Base: The Brain Charity, Norton Street, Liverpool. L3 8LR
Closing date: Wednesday 30th March 2016*
*Applications are now closed for this role.
The Brain Charity offers emotional support, practical help and social activities to anyone with a neurological condition and to their family, friends and carers.
There are hundreds of different neurological conditions including stroke, brain injury, dementia and many rarer conditions. We are here for every single one of them.
We are seeking a part-time Fundraising Officer who will support us to fundraise in order that we can continue our vital work.
As our Fundraising Officer, you will use your skills and experience to forge, develop and maintain good relationships with any existing or potential new funders, with the aim of generating and maximising charitable income from fundraising events and corporate relationships.
Your key responsibilities:
- Build relationships with new and potential corporate partners.
- Project-manage, create and deliver a portfolio of high-value annual events.
- Use compelling and persuasive written and verbal communication, pitches and presentations which convince funders to support the charity’s work.
And what you'll need:
- Good research and analytical skills and the ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience of working or volunteering in the charity or public sector, preferably in a fundraising role.
The Brain Charity supports people with neurological conditions to live longer, healthier more active lives.