The Brain Charity are recruiting for the role of: Information and Advice Officer
Salary: £21,840 per annum (+10% Pension after successful completion of probationary period)
Permanent Base: The Walton Centre, Fazakerley, Liverpool L9 7LJ (working at other venues will be required)
Hours: 37.5 per week (Some evening work will be required)
Closing date: 15th April 2016*
* Applications are now closed for this role.
The Brain Charity is a charity which supports anyone with a neurological condition such as brain injury, dementia, learning disability, stroke or brain tumour.
We’re looking for people with excellent communication and assessment skills to work with individuals in The Walton Centre neurological hospital and other relevant health settings in the area to offer them practical support, advice and information.
Offering a listening ear, giving practical information on things such as employment, benefits and housing is a key part of The Brain Charity’s work and as one of our Information and Advice Officers, you will be at the front-line, delivering this support directly to those that need it.
Your key responsibilities:
• Meet individuals and their families at the hospital and identify their needs.
• Support other health professionals by offering immediate emotional support to patients.
• Make referrals and signpost individuals to other relevant charities working within the field, our own internal services and legal-based support.
• Be an active presence within The Walton Centre and build relationships with relevant staff to raise awareness of our work.
And what you'll need:
• Strong communication and people skills
• A personable and empathic approach
• Excellent time and workload management skills
• Basic I.T. Skills
• Experience of employment, housing, welfare benefits or legal support is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of working with people who have neurological conditions is desirable but not essential.
Interviews for successful Applicants will take place on Thursday 5th May 2016.