Job ad: Information and Advice Officer
Job title: Information & Advice Officer
Salary: £27,985.00 pa
Hours: Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
Responsible to: Information & Advice Supervisor
Background to The Brain Charity
Life for any of us can change in an instant. Experiencing a road traffic accident, a major stroke or being diagnosed with dementia can happen completely unexpectedly and can change our lives forever.
There are hundreds of different neurological conditions including stroke, brain tumour, brain injury, Alzheimer’s and many rarer conditions.
Our Information and Advice Officers offer high quality practical help, information and emotional support to individuals via face-to-face, e-mail and telephone support services.
This role is based at our main centre in Norton St, Liverpool. The role involves working with individuals with a wide range of conditions and also offers support to their families, friends and carers.
The key areas of support include money, housing, employment, relationships and support navigating health, welfare, and social care services.
Working adjacent to our reception area, the Info and Advice officer will be on hand to triage enquiries in the centre alongside enquiries by other routes.
On occasion, the role will also include some external presentations and networking to support and promote our service.
Benefits of working for us
Working for The Brain Charity has some great benefits. All of these benefits are available upon starting unless stated otherwise.
- 25 days contractual annual leave in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising 1 day per full year of service upto a maximum of 28 days for full time employees. This is pro-rata’d for all part-time employees.
- Medicash – physical wellbeing support with a wide range of subsidised treatments including dental bills, optical care, alternative and complementary therapies, chiropody, health screenings and more.
- Premium Employee Assistance Programme – mental wellbeing support with access to 24/7 employee support services and face to face counselling sessions.
- mProve YOURSELF – a wellbeing app with a range of wellbeing courses.
- Skinvision skin health tracker.
- Online discount platform providing discounts on shopping, travel and gym memberships.
- 10% company pension on successful completion of 6 month probation. T & C’s apply for fixed term contracts.
- A range of family-friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and sick absence entitlements.
- Free parking (when available) at Head Office, Norton Street, L3 8LR.
- Free Will writing service with Kwil Legal Services.
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
- A wide range of high-quality learning open to all with opportunities to train, develop and support to realise your potential.
We are an award-winning charity and have received The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the highest accolade given by the Crown to third sector organisations.
If you are passionate about our cause and would like to become part of a vibrant and diverse team, we would love to hear from you.
The Brain Charity prides itself on being an open and diverse place to work and we openly encourage those from minority groups to apply.
To apply, you will need to complete the application form in our downloadable application pack.
Please do not send in your CV as this will not be counted.
5pm, Friday 16th February 2024. Please note: we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
Interviews for successful applicants will take place during the week commencing Monday 19th February 2024
Please e-mail email@example.com or ring 0151 298 2999 if you have any questions.