The single most important action we can all take in fighting coronavirus is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
A coronavirus is a type of virus. The symptoms of the coronavirus (COVID-19 or Novel Coronavirus) are:
- a new, continuous cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
- To use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp, simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word ‘hi’ in a WhatsApp message to get started.
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits (Universal Credit website)
Wash your hands
"Washing your hands is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself and others from illnesses such as food poisoning and flu." Info from: NHS
"Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to." Info from: Public Health England
- Myths about Coronavirus: information you can trust from the World Health Organization instead.
- Your most popular questions answered with information from the BBC.
- Rolling updates on coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from the World Health Organization