The next 'Aspire' employability course starts at The Brain Charity on Monday 28th September 2020.
The Brain Charity works in partnership with Aspire Education Academy, a short skills-development programme that has a high success rate of getting people back into work.
The 3-week courses run Monday to Friday for 15 days in total, from 9.30am until 3pm but are flexible for candidates with school runs and appointments.
They are open to anyone between the ages of 19 and 65 on benefits such as Universal Credit, JSA, ESA, Income Support or PIP. The course is free of charge, with all travel expenses (bus and train fares, petrol and parking) covered by Aspire and a £100 Love2Shop voucher upon completion.
Aspire courses provide:
- A total of 5 nationally-recognised qualifications (BTEC, NVQ), including in first aid, mental health advocacy, personal and professional development and work skills
- Training in CV-writing, interview skills and job application techniques
- The chance to build self-confidence, communication skills, self management, motivation and enthusiasm
- References from Aspire upon completion of the course
- A tailored online learning career progression pathway
- Online Level 2 Teaching Assistant Progression Route, Formal Interview with Teaching Agency and placement in local schools
Completion of the programme can lead to careers in the following areas:
- Direct learning support
- Health and social care
- Teaching assistance and educational settings
- Sport, leisure and recreation
The programme has been funded by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority's Adult Education Budget.
Covid safety measures
The Brain Charity has been vetted by Aspire as a fully Covid-safe venue. All courses are socially distanced with PPE supplied, daily health screening, daily classroom cleaning and all staff trained in Covid-19 safety.
How do I sign up?
Attend the next information/sign up session at The Brain Charity on Friday 25th September at 1:00pm
Check our online events diary for dates and times of subsequent courses.