Support over Christmas
The Brain Charity will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve (Friday, December 24th).
Our centre will reopen on Wednesday, December 29th. We will then be open from 9am until 5pm on December 29th and 30th, and from 9am until 1pm on December 31st.
During these days, The Brain Food Café will not be open, but staff will be available to speak to in the centre.
The centre will then close again until 9am on Tuesday, January 4th.
Need to speak to someone?
The Brain Charity’s helpline, office phones and email inboxes will not be monitored regularly on the days the centre is not open.
If you need help from The Brain Charity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below and one of our Info & Advice Officers will pick this up as soon as we can.
Alternatively, you can call our reception on 0151 298 2999 and leave a clear voicemail with your full name and contact number.
From all of us at The Brain Charity, Merry Christmas, and have a peaceful festive season if you are celebrating. We wish everyone all the best for what will hopefully be a brighter year in 2022.
Looking to talk to someone?
Contact The Brain Charity now
Our friendly Information & Advice Officers are here to help. We endeavour to respond to all enquiries within 10 working days.
0800 008 6417
Looking to talk to someone?
Looking forward to next year
We are launching a range of new online and in-centre activities in 2022. Please check our online events calendar for what is happening in the New Year, and book by emailing email@example.com
- If you are in an emergency situation, call 999. There is advice on when to call 999 here.
- If you need urgent medical advice, call NHS 111.
The Walton Centre
- Call 0151 525 3611 for the main reception desk or find more contacts here. https://www.thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk/contact-us/
Liverpool City Council
- Call 0151 233 3800 for the Careline for adults and 0151 233 3700 for the Careline for children: both are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including the holiday season.
- Find more information about LCC’s Christmas openings for various services by clicking here.
- Information on COVID-19 support provided by the council is available here.
- Find information on winter food programmes and activities for children and young people in Liverpool here https://liverpool.gov.uk/children-and-families/winter-holiday-activities-and-food-programme/
- Wirral Council residents in need of general support should call 0151 666 5050.
- For the COVID-19 support line call 0151 666 5050 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Find more information about emergency financial support with welfare needs here.
- For Wirral Council Adult Social Care, contact the Central Advice and Duty Team on 0151 514 2222, 8.50am – 5.30pm. Outside of these hours, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0151 677 6557.
- For children at risk, call 0151 606 2008 Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm or outside of these hours call 0151 677 6557.
- For Knowsley Council’s COVID-19 volunteer support line call 0800 073 0043.
- More information on adult care in Knowsley is available here.
- Call the Adult Social Care line on 0345 140 0845 or email AdultSocialCare@sefton.gov.uk. Call the Children’s Social Care line on 0345 140 0845.
- For social care emergencies at all other times, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0151 934 3555.
- Find information on Sefton Council adult social care services here.
St Helens Council
- For adult or child safeguarding concerns or social care, call 01744 676767, 9am-5pm. Outside of office hours, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 050 0148.
- For general enquiries, call 0303 333 4300.
- For adult social care enquiries and safeguard concerns, call 0151 907 8306 and for children, please phone 0151 907 8305. Out of hours, call the Emergency Duty Social Work Team on 0845 0500 148 or 0345 0500 148
Is your council not listed above?
- Click this link to find contact details and a website for your local council.
Other support in Merseyside
- Feeding Liverpool has a guide to free community Christmas meals and activities taking place around December 25th. Click here for more information.
- YMCA Liverpool provide emergency accommodation 24/7 and are open throughout the festive period. More information here.
- Citizens Advice Liverpool will be still be running their advice phone line at reduced hours between Christmas and New Year (excluding bank holidays). Click here for more.
- The Phoenix Foundation is open throughout the holidays to help men overcome homelessness. Find out more here.
- Runcorn Foodbank will be open for the issue of food parcels over the Christmas period. More via this link.
- Merseyside Domestic Violence Service is closed December 25th to December 28th and January 1st to 3rd but open 9am to 4pm all other days over the festive period. Call or text 07802 722703.
- RASA (Rape and Sexual Assault) Merseyside is still taking referrals via email throughout the Christmas break, and messages will be responded to daily. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Their helpline will still be open at limited hours – call 0151 666 1392.
National condition support groups
- Check out The Brain Charity’s A-Z list of neurological conditions for details of national support groups and links to their websites for further information.
More support nationally
- NHS Volunteer Responders are continuing to offer COVID-19 support over Christmas, including collecting and delivering food and medicines. To arrange support for yourself or someone you know, call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week) or visit their website.
- The Samaritans are available on 116 123 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (calls are free). You can speak to them about any issue, without judgement. If you need a response immediately, it is best to call them on the phone, but if you prefer you can send them an email.
- The CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) national helpline is open 7 days a week, 5pm to midnight on 0800 58 58 58. Callers can talk through any issue, They will listen and offer information and signposting. They also have a webchat service open 5pm-midnight every day. Calls are anonymous, confidential and free.
- The National Dementia Helpline is on 0300 222 1122. The line is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and January 3rd only.
- The Silver Line is a free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to over 55s, on 0800 470 80 90. It is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.