Becoming unemployed can have a huge impact on your confidence and self-esteem. But it definitely doesn’t mean you have nothing to contribute to society.
If you live in the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral), The Brain Charity’s employment team can help you take the first steps towards a new job or enter education or training.
Our specialist officers use a motivational, person-centred approach. They will listen to your goals and develop a personalised plan to help you achieve them.
You’ll set the pace, without any pressure!
How we can help
The Brain Charity’s employment team empower our clients to recognise and achieve their potential, by:
- Finding work which suits their neurological condition and personal ambitions
- Studying for a new qualification or skill
- Undertaking a course or training placement
- Setting up as self-employed
- Finding volunteering opportunities
Our friendly and expert team delivers free, personalised services to prepare you for the workplace, including:
- Flexible, individual support and job mentoring including job application help, CV workshops and interview techniques
- Matching clients to jobs with trusted, disability friendly employers
- One-to-one confidence coaching uniquely tailored to your needs to improve self-esteem and reduce lack of self-belief
- Finding opportunities in training and education if you want to retrain in a new type of work
- Accessing adult education courses in subjects like literacy and maths
- Help with business plans, marketing strategies and publicity for clients who would like to become self-employed
- Aftercare at the end of your placement
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to take part, you must:
- Live in the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral)
- Currently receive some form of unemployment benefit
- Be aged over 18
- Have evidence of your economic status
- Have evidence of your right to live and work in the UK
Signing up is free! Enrol now by entering your details below
One of our specialist advisers will then be in touch to discuss your ambitions.
Alternatively, call our free helpline on 0800 008 6417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
The Brain Charity’s employment service is being delivered as part of two Merseyside partnerships.
These projects are called Directions and New Horizons, and are overseen by The Women’s Organisation.
Both projects have been part-funded by the European Social Fund. This was established by the European Union to help local areas stimulate economic development, as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.