Funding for holidays

A Guide to Financial Help Towards the Cost of a Holiday, Respite Care or Convalescence

Tourism for all has a booklet which has details of trusts and funds that consider applications for financial help towards the cost of a holiday. It is available from Tourism for All price £3.50 or free to members.

Tourism for All UK, 7A Pixel Mill, 44 Appleby Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 6ES


Phone: 0845 124 9971

The Guide to Grants for Individuals in Need 2024/25

(19th Ed, Mar 2024. Directory of Social Change ISBN 9781784821166) Available in public libraries. There is also a reference copy at The Brain Charity. This publication details sources of help and funding for individuals. It is arranged by general charities, charities under specific conditions, occupational charities, service charities and religious charities. There is also a geographical listing of local charities.

The 3H Fund

The 3H Fund provides grants to families on low income that include someone with a physical or learning disability so that they can have a modest UK holiday break when funds are available.

3H Fund, (Helping Hands for Holidays), B2 Speldhurst Business Park, Langton Road, Speldhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN3 0AQ


Citizens Advice Bureau

It is sometimes possible to get a grant from local charities or disability groups. Citizens Advice Bureau can provide details of local charities. See local telephone directory for the nearest branch or their website.

Adviceline (England): 0800 144 8848

Advicelink (Wales): 0800 702 2020

Relay UK – if you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then the Adviceline or Advicelink number.