updated January 2019
Looking for Health Information Online: How do we how who to trust?
https://tinyurl.com/yb968bvl (guidance from University Hospital Aintree)
- Neurology - Health News - behind the headlines (NHS Choices website)
- Brain and Spine Foundation - booklets available. Helpline staffed by nurses.
- Neurological centres in the UK - Brain and Spine Foundation website
- The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery - the UK's only neuroscience NHS trust.
- The Institute of Neurology - part of University College London.
- Neurology - systematic reviews of latest medical research (Cochrane Libary).
- Primary Care Neurology Society - network of healthcare professionals, organisations and partnering companies who all share an interest in primary care neurology
- The Neurological Alliance - organisation which unites neurological charities.
- U.S. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) - U.S. site, has many fact sheets.
- U.S. National Organisation of Rare Disorders (NORD) - U.S. site, provides details of rare disorders.
- Dana Foundation - American organisation supporting brain research and world Brain Awareness Week