Congratulations to first graduates of The Brain Charity’s Neuro-versity jobs course
Recognise your skills and improve your career prospects with our six week employment scheme
Congratulations to the first Neuro-versity cohort, who have recently graduated from The Brain Charity’s six week employment course.
- Recognising your skills, boosting your career ambitions and setting professional goals
- Employment tips including bespoke CV and job application help
- Self-confidence to empower you to go for new opportunities
- Live job/training course searching
- Interview practise including how to sell yourself and your skills
- Introductions to hiring employers, training providers or placements
- Mock interviews and site visits
- A graduation ceremony upon completion of the course.
Neuro-versity is suitable for anyone interested in:
- A new work opportunity, gaining a qualification or new skill through training, a volunteering placement
- Exploring self-employment or becoming economically active
- Gaining self-confidence and socialising with others
Here’s what one recent graduate had to say: “Thank you very much for the chance to take part in Neuro-versity. So much time, thought, planning and effort was put into the course.
“I learnt so much on the course for when I’m ready to move forward in my life.
“I felt fully supported throughout the course and would recommend others to attend.”
Sessions run from 11am – 1pm on Wednesdays, starting Jan 12th.
The course is free, but participants need to be residing in Liverpool City Region (Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, St. Helens, Sefton or Wirral areas), be aged over 18 and claim an unemployment benefit to take part. Participants also need to be able to commit to attending the majority of the six weekly sessions.