• May 6th: The Brain Changer Arts Project is now online •
NHS Childrens’ services: If your child is unwell and you're worried, please get in touch with your GP, use NHS 111, or in serious cases, take them to hospital.
Children are less likely to become very unwell with COVID-19 than adults, but they do get sick – and when that happens, it’s important that they get the care that they need quickly.
• Coronavirus in children (NHS, April 22nd)
• The Contact charity's Helpful guide for families with disabled children has gone digital (April 23rd)
• Coronavirus for chidren: download Axel 'Gruffalo' Scheffler's book
• The Children’s Trust for children with Brain Injury, has resources for families supporting children and young people with a brain injury at this time: Coronavirus: useful resources and support
• Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (Gov.UK)
Thanks to generous funding from BBC Children in Need, with our Brain Changer Arts Project we are providing free dance and art workshops for children and young people, with Physiotherapy through Dance and Occupational Therapy through Art and Craft.
More at The Brain Charity for children & young people and parents & carers
- Our library and information centre has resources for parents and carers, and for children and young people too.
- Our A-Z of neurological conditions has useful links on each webpage about each condition for parents and carers, or for children and young people. Just scroll down to the heading Children & young people.
- More support for children and young people: links to other websites with more information and advice, and links to charities.
- Young carers: links to other websites for carers who are under 18.
- Help for carers: Includes Carers Advocacy for Liverpool residents.
- Liverpool CVS has free interactive online parenting guides for Liverpool residents.
- Reading Well for children, supporting the mental health and wellbeing of children.