A carer looks after a loved one who needs help with daily living. They don't do this as a paid job. It is important to remember that carers have rights too, including young carers. These pages list links to where you can get lots of information and advice:
- Young Carers
- Power of Attorney and Court of Protection
- Carers Advocacy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Carers' Rights
The Brain Charity delivers the Carers Advocacy service for residents who live within the boundaries of Liverpool City Council.
- About our Carers Advocacy service at our centre in Liverpool
- We can also provide counselling, and specialist legal advice.
- Our Music Therapy Workshops for People with Dementia can also benefit their carers in many ways.
- The library at The Brain Charity's centre includes many resources for carers, including
The Carer's Handbook: Essential Information and Support for All Those in a Caring Role.
Thanks to generous funding from BBC Children in Need, The Brain Charity will be providing dance and art workshops for children and young people, with Physiotherapy Through Dance and Occupational Therapy Through Art.
Please send us your email address/contact telephone number using the form below if you would like to be kept up to date with The Brain Changer Arts Project:
Don't worry, you can send us an email to unsubscribe at any time.