A carer looks after a loved one who needs help with daily living. They don't do this as a paid job. It is important to remember that carers have rights too, including young carers. These pages list links to where you can get lots of information and advice:
- Young Carers
- Power of Attorney and Court of Protection
- Carers Advocacy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Carers' Rights
The Brain Charity delivers the Carers Advocacy service for residents who live within the boundaries of Liverpool City Council.
- About our Carers Advocacy service at our centre in Liverpool
- We can also provide counselling, and specialist legal advice.
- Our Music Therapy Workshops for People with Dementia can also benefit their carers in many ways.
- The library at The Brain Charity's centre includes many resources for carers, including
The Carer's Handbook: Essential Information and Support for All Those in a Caring Role.