Be online aware with The Brain Charity’s new SafetyNet course
Take part in workshops about being scam aware, understanding fake news, and using social media safely
We are excited to launch our new, free SafetyNet training sessions at The Brain Charity, in partnership with Ofcom.
Over the next 12 months, media literacy workshops will cover topics such as:
- Staying safe online
- Fake news and how to spot it
- Online safety, fraud and scam awareness
- Conspiracy theories and misinformation
- Finding reliable online news sources
- The basics of Google Documents, printing and email
- Using the internet to save money
- Improving online confidence
- Safe use of social media
- Grooming and online gaming
- Developing digital skills
All sessions are free for anyone who has a neurological condition or cares for someone who does. We provide devices to use – just bring yourself.
As well as workshops for people affected by neurological conditions, we will be running sessions to give carers tools to help those who need support with internet safety.
Don’t delay, it’s time to get online!
The next SafetyNet session will be SafetyNet for parents, taking place on Thursday, 13th July from 5pm – 6.30pm at The Brain Charity. Click the button below to register.
Future SafetyNet workshops will take place at The Brain Charity’s centre and at venues across Merseyside.